Monday, January 21, 2008

THE WEEK FROM HELL

I realize there has been no blogs from me for a LONG TIME. That is because this year has been one ordeal and commotion one after another. My mom passing away was terrible enough; however it was all the rigmarole I had to go through with her estate that was the Ordeal from Hell.

Well, things are now wrapping up since we finally sold the house, and now, I am having the week from hell here.... Kitchen sink overflowed and right now there is one Mexican, one Argentinian and one German in my apt under my sink! All the stuff under my sink has been taken out and is laying all over the living room. Which now means I will want to wash and clean them all again before I put them back! Then on top of that the toilet backed up, and so couldn't even take a s**t...!

Believe it or not, I'm still trying to burn the last of my Xmas DVD's (!) and now my laptop is rejecting 80% of the DVDs that are brand new! Wasting them all and wasting time, and each one takes 1.5 hours to burn!

On top of THAT, escrow closes tomorrow and I had to dig through a zillion papers to find the signed & notarized affidavits and other papers I need. Does my sister help doing any of this....??? NOOOOOO. Then the storage unit I was supposed to have by Wed to move my stuff into is STILL OCCUPIED by another person! So had to hustle on the phone these last 2 days trying to find another spot and movers! Finally got that organized while making my way through a few vodkas.....!

On top of THOSE THINGS, I have to figure a way to get my car out of my mother's garage and up to my mechanic! I think I have it figured out, but I'm stressing out over it.

I spent all of Sat over at the house trying to sell off the last of the furnitures. Had to put up with Craigslist people coming and going, promising to buy something and then reneging, calling and calling and calling! Sold the dryer and most ALL of everything else, except still was stuck with the dining room table & chairs! HAVE TO HAVE IT OUT BY WED, and unless someone bought it, I had a PROBLEM! I wasn't able to get anyone to pick it up to donate even! Salvation Army needs 2 wks notice and Goodwill doesn't pick up at all, and it's way too big for my storage unit. Finally in the 11th hour yesterday someone called and told me they wanted the dining set. Had to hustle again and since I wasn't over there today, had to arrange with the realtor to be there so they could pick it up. Thank god he went over there, and thank god they got the dining set! So the house is now COMPLETELY empty. What a strange, empty feeling.

Tomorrow my sister and I are meeting with the escrow lady for the final signatures. Then Wednesday I go over to the house and have to orchestrate the moving of the car, and my stuff to the storage unit in SF, take the rest of the junk to Goodwill. and lastly take the pile of rubbish out and dump somewhere, since we no longer have garbage pickup. Then I have to cut off the electricity and water. Again, is my sister helping here??? NOOOOOOO..

Thursday, the money in escrow is OURS. Accounts already set up and the whole ordeal will be technically over. Is my sister coming up to get her share of the money that day?? YESSSSSSS......


Almost 1 year to the day that Mom died. May she Rest in Peace cause I'm sure as hell not!

# of WET SOX IN THE HAMPER

Free Web Site Counter

Free Counters by Easy-Hit-Counters.com

Google Groups Subscribe to WETSOX-FRIENDS
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com