Thursday, July 13, 2006

MUSICAL TABLES AND CHAIRS

Well, I have been wheeling and dealing furniture items on Craigslist and you wouldn't believe the commotion I've been thru just the last few days. My apartment has been like warehouse central with chairs on top of chairs and tables on top of tables and stuff all over the place!!

It all started when I found this darling dining table with 4 ZEBRA chairs on the infamous Craigslist! I wasn't really interested in the table as it was too small for my apartment, albeit attractive, but REALLY wanted the zebra chairs! They are black metal with velvet zebra paddings and backs and just gorgeous! Since my whole apartment is done in African and ancient Egyptian decor, I just HAD to have them! And how could I resist when the whole set was only $60!! Being they were located in another town quite far away, I hired a mover, which I also found on Craigslist (!), to pick up and deliver the set all for another $60!

Ok, now I had a complete new dining set as well as my current set. Had to get rid of something as it started getting rather crowded. Posted the new table I had just purchased that came with the zebra chairs back on Craigslist, and sure enough, within one hour, had a buyer! The only trouble was that the new buyer didn't want the actual table, but only the glass top! So he came over and bought the glass top for $60, thereby getting me back the initial $60 I had spent to buy the whole set! WHOOPIE! However, I now still had the table base taking up room.

Then I found 2 FREE large storage cabinets on Craigslist that I badly needed for use on my deck and in my garage. Again, hopped onto Craigslist and found another couple of movers to deliver those! Then on top of it all, et I bought a dining table set (gorgeous glass top table & 4 chairs) that I found on Craigslist which happened to be located up in Petaluma! So, the other day, I had my uncle stop by with delivery of that since it was located in the town in which he lives.

But before anybody could come and bring anything, I had to jump thru hoops to get things ready! The logistics were something else! Before the 2 mover guys could come to deliver the empty storage cabinets, I had to clean out my old broken and leaking one out on my deck so that they could haul that one away. So I spent the whole previous night taking out the MANY ebay items I have stored in there. One of the new cabinets is going out on the deck to replace the broken one, and the other new cabinet is going in my garage. So it took me hours to take out all my Ebay items and pile them up on my table out on my deck.

Now before my uncle could bring the new dining table & chairs, I had to figure out where to put my current one and the 6 chairs!! My current table and chairs are over 30 years old and were shipped from where I lived in London, so it was time for them to go! But I couldn't just leave them all in in my apartment when the 2 guys came to deliver the cabinets, as they would have no room to bring the new table and chairs in thru the apartment. So I had to haul all 6 chairs down to the garage! Not easy as they are partly metal and heavy! Achhhh!

My I'm going to have the 2 mover guys take those and dump them as they are just old and too trashed to even be sold. On top of that, I wrapped up my current dining table with bubble wrap all around the glass and had to prepare it to be moved tonite by the 2 guys to the garage, where I'll keep it til someone hopefully buys it. I have that one up for sale on Craigslist too! It's like musical tables and chairs!! Right now the apt is a total mess due to everything being shifted and moved, so I'll have my hands full cleaning up and getting things re-organized..

# of WET SOX IN THE HAMPER

Free Web Site Counter

Free Counters by Easy-Hit-Counters.com

Google Groups Subscribe to WETSOX-FRIENDS
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com